If you are looking for information on Roosevelt, you’ve come to the right place. Starting with the 2016-17 school year Roosevelt Middle School students joined Kaleidoscope Academy. Kaleidoscope Academy utilizes the historic Roosevelt Junior High Building. Feel free to check out this page for further details on our history. The rest of the website has great information on Kaleidoscope Academy.
The history for the Roosevelt Junior High Building:
- 1925 Roosevelt Junior High (grades 7-9) is completed and opens
- 1971 New additions that more than doubles the space of the school
- 1995 Roosevelt Junior High (grades 7-9) becomes Roosevelt Middle School (grades 7-8) – 9th grade moves to newly opened North High School
- 2007 Kaleidoscope Academy (grades 6-8) opens and shares space with Roosevelt Middle School in the Roosevelt Junior High Building
- 2016 Roosevelt Middle School closes (declining enrollment) and Kaleidoscope Academy expands to fill the building
We are looking to put together a history of Roosevelt by decade. We are starting with various publications and artifacts that we have access to. We would like to gather more pictures, artifacts, and add information about some of our alumni to this site. If you can help with this e-mail us at – KALEIDOSCOPE-ACADEMY@aasd.k12.wi.us.
Click on the link below to find the decade you are looking for.
We also have some other bits of history that we are either unsure about the year or they were staff notes. You can review by clicking here.
To get an idea of the history of our building, here is some information on the original costs and blueprints.